Library services are provided to respond to the literacy, recreational, information, learning and cultural needs of the community.
Whanganui's libraries are a vast repository of information and complementary professional services are offered to ensure best use can be made of these resources.
We provide this service via:
- A central library - the ‘ Davis’ at Queens Park.
- The Alexander Heritage and Research Library (where the nationally-renowned Wanganui Collection is housed, along with the Lovegrove Military Archive) which is operating in a temporary location at 60 Ridgway Street while earthquake strengthening is done on the Queens Park building.
- A suburban cafe library - 'Gonville Cafe Library' in the Gonville Centre, Abbot Street.
- The Suzanne Aubert Library at Jerusalem.
- A Mobile Library, serving schools, rest homes, suburban and rural communities.
- A web site - www.whanganuilibrary.com.
Looking for more?